Ready, willing and able
As leaders in an organization, the most important job you have is creating the culture that wants to innovate. That see the value and gets genuinely excited about the outcomes and journey.
Secondly, the internal process, tools and formation of teams focusing on innovation needs consideration and strategy to address the “how” portion. Having all the excitement in the world but pursuing a path that leads to lack luster results via poor process or lack of tools is not in any ones best interest.
7 Steps to enable a willing innovative team:
- Create a fun work environment
- Group resources by complimentary skill sets
- Encourage out of the box thinking…even reward it
- Bring fun back into the office
- Show appreciation with words or gifts
- Deliver transparent feedback
- Provide clear boundaries and targets
- Lead from the front
By putting these basic steps in place, your team will be willing and able to contribute in an innovative manner…
“People look for meaning in their work. People want to know what’s happening in their environment. People want to have some ability to shape that environment.” –Laszlo Bock, SVP, Google